SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By alembcke
I am using the MicroMod Sno M2 processor board with the MicroMod Input and Display carrier board. This is my first time using MicroMod and I am an FPGA newbie.

I was following the instructions on this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drr1M9z18tU&t=2281s

I mistakenly did everything for the Sno processor instead of the Sno M2 processor (since that is what they did in the video) and since then I cannot burn the bootloader or load any sketches via Arduino - not even Blink or GetXLR8Version. It was working fine before I did this and now when I try to burn the bootloader with everything correctly set to Sno M2 I get:
Code: Select all
	Using port /dev/ttyUSB0
ERROR: Was not able to handshake.  Proper sketch loaded? 
	Error: Error: do_sync(): rcv_sync: Did not receive expected # of bytes from XLR8.  Received 0. Handshake #1 of 3
And when I try to load a sketch (e.g. Blink) I get:
Code: Select all
avrdude: Version 6.3-20190619
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/home/alembcke/.arduino15/packages/alorium/hardware/avr/2.3.0/xlr8dude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/home/alembcke/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/ttyUSB0
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/sections/360003198300 for suggestions.
I have confirmed that I have the correct port, in fact the Sno M2 board STAT light blinks a couple of times when I try to burn a bootloader or load a sketch, but the RX light never blinks. I tried pressing the BOOT and RESET buttons (both quickly and for 10 seconds).

Did I corrupt the bootloader or is there some other issue going on here? If I did corrupt something, is there a way to fix it? For example, is there a way to recover to factory settings like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cnHeB5 ... A&index=25
By alembcke
Thank you for the reply. I looked at the eagle files and saw that there was a CONFIG_SEL, but I didn't know how to identify it on the board as this is all new to me. I have ordered some jumper wires which will arrive Friday and will give it a try then and let you know if it works. Thank you again.
By alembcke
@TS-Russell,

I received the jump wires, but this doesn't seem to be fixing the issue. I tried many times, making sure to connect the resistor highlighted to ground and then plugging the unit to power. While I have the jump wire connected nothing happens, then when I remove the wire the STAT light blinks a couple of times (the same way it does when I plug in the unit without the jump wire connected). I still get the same error in the Arduino IDE when trying to load any sketch or burn the bootloader.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this issue?
By alembcke
@TS-Russell,

Never mind, it worked. I guess there is a very specific way you need to touch the resistor. When you touch it the right way the STAT light will remain solid blue. It is probably easier to get the wire touching just right while the unit is on and you can see that the STAT light remains on, then unplug the unit and plug it back in again. Otherwise whether you're touching the resistor just right is luck of the draw.

Thank you again for your help on this, it is greatly appreciated.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum