SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about processor boards have here!
By kevin1000
Win 7 64bits
Following the "STM32 Thing Plus Hookup Guide". After upload "Example - Blinky", lost usb port.
The program is running right.

The "STM32 Thing Plus Hookup Guide" is fine if it is plugged into a win10 PC.

I do need it works with win7 compter.

Please help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By bidrohini
How is the blue led behaving? The hook-up guide says " If the blue LED remains dimly lit, it's probably still sitting in the bootloader. After uploading a sketch, you may need to tap the RST button to get your STM32 Thing Plus to begin running the sketch."
By kevin1000
The blue led works fine, just like the design. Almost 1 second on, 1 second off.

I mean, this board can not connect windows 7 computer, the driver is not right. But it works with windows 10 computer.
I hope to get the solution on windows 7 computer.
By waiyung
I had the same problem

Windows 11
Step1 = Without downloading BLINKY to the board, plug in the board, I could see COM3
Step2 = Follow the tutorial, download BLINKY to the board
Step3 = Recycle power via USB, the BLINKY ran no problem
Step4 = Plug in the board, but cannot see COM3 anymore

Can support help me / us?
By rrainey
Same issue here. I have a Sparkfun STM32 Things Plus. I am using VS Code and arduino-cli. The board showed up as COM6 before my first upload. After the first upload, I have no COM6 -- I can still upload to that port however. I'm using the defaults for all the USB/Serial board configuration settings.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum