SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
Hi,

I've been working on getting the SparkFun MicroMod STM32 Processor log data onto an SD card on the SparkFun MicroMod Data Logging Carrier Board. It keeps giving me the error "Initializing SD card...Card failed, or not present" I Believe its to do with this bit of code. "const int chipSelect = PC4; // The CS pin is DATA3 or 23 for the MicroMod Artemis Processor. Adjust for your processor if necessary." I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find the correct chip select. It can very well be another issue that I'm not aware of but at this point I'm not sure anymore. Thanks to anyone who looks over this and helps.

Best Regards,
Kevin
I haven't tried the STM32 processor board on a data logging carrier board but I've used the ATP board and it should be wired up in a similar way for SD card usage.
I've used pins PA5-7 (SCK, CIPO, COPI) and PC4 (chip select) to access a micro-SD card successfully.
If you can get more debugging information out of the library you're using, that would help you to diagnose the problem.
Hi dboddie,

Thank you for the information, I took a look through the library and set the SD card pins. This is all I could find and the only thing I could think of trying. It still had the same issue "Initializing SD card...Card failed, or not present".
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN PA6
// spi poci
#define SDCARD_MISO_PIN PA7
// spi_sck
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN PA5
// spi_CS#
#define SDCARD_SS_PIN PC4

const int chipSelect = PC4; // The CS pin is DATA3 or 23 for the MicroMod Artemis Processor. Adjust for your processor if necessary.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum