SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Discussions about carrier boards have here!
By the_john
2.4" TFT Input and display carrier board with an ESP32 processor board

I can make several peripherals out on the QWIIC bus work and can make the push-button example code work. So I'm thinking that I'm loading libraries correctly, have the right board configuration, and everything is working. I just don't see anything on the display when I try to run any of the "HyperDisplay 4DLCD-320240" example code options. The display backlight is on, but there is nothing on display. I've tried loading the code with a MicroSD card installed, and without a MicroSD card installed. (Do I have to pre-format the MicroSD card or something?) None of the tutorials mention anything about needing a MicroSD card to get the example code to work. What am I missing?
By the_john
So I went back and reloaded the three HyperDisplay libraries, and over-wrote the old ones. Same thing and no luck. I did open the serial monitor to see if anything was going on and I see sixteen copies of the attached image. Would it be safe to assume that the board keeps trying to reset itself whenever I successfully load a HyperDisplay example file? Maybe I have a hardware problem with just the display only? I also attached a copy of my Output. It says "Hard resetting via RTS pin..." and just finishes. Is that the proper way to see the output after loading one of the HyperDisplay examples?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By the_john
Wiped it all out, cleaned up everything, then reloaded. Same issues. I think I'm going to try to return the board somehow. Thanks for your input.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum