SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

What are we doing right with Artemis? What are we doing wrong? Let us know here!
By lsmedel
Hi, I got an OpnLog Artemis Log (DEV 16832), I took it out the plastic bag, insert an F32 SDCARD and it just doesnt log, here the procedure:
a. I took out thee antistatic bag
b. insert a F32 SDCARD
c. Plugged into my PC, expecting to log but doesnt

I bought 2 other at the same shipping, and 3 black Open Log Artemis before...and all of them log with the same procedure. I change the SDCARD of course to other ones that I previosuly check and the seem to work fine on the other Logger.

Another failure was the connection to a 3.7 Lipo 1200mA battery, the other card worked fine, they all star logging, some of them needed a reset but thats all...but this one had a diode loose next to the PSWC pins...so I soldered and expected to function and only the battery connection got fixed, everything as described before not.

The only thing this Artemis OpenLog could do was sending data to the computer...but without the IMU information, as I said I have 2 other ones and they worked fine out of the antiestetic bag but this one not.

What can I do? can you replace it? or at least some credit on the store to buy another one?, i still need it, I'm willing to pay the shipment to my country, becasue i really need it.

Pd. I have somee videos of the malfunctioning if you needed
I tried to check any shortcircuits on the board, and I found a diode at the back, next to the PSWC pins loose, so I soldered it e
By TS-Chris
Sorry to hear you're having trouble, it sounds like you got a damaged board.
Just fill in the form on this page with your order number and a link to this forum post and we can help.
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum