SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By robin_hodgson
The Ambiq website indicates that there is a new version of the Apollo3 Blue data sheet. Sadly, you now have to fill out a form to download it. Even more sadly, when I fill out the form the site won't let me click on 'submit'.

Has anyone been able to download it?

There is also a new SDK version. I have not checked that out yet - I'll have to get psyched up to do that.

Finally, there is a new errata document (V3.0), which is directly downloadable. The big change I see is that the I2S functionality appears to be so completely broken that Ambiq now says "just don't use it". Fortunately, I don't need I2S.

The other interesting errata (for me) is that they have elevated the fact that the timer can double-count to an official errata now instead of just being mentioned in passing in a support article on their website. What they still don't mention is that the XTAL glitches they refer to can be randomly caused by simply reading any of the S/CTIMERs current value registers. In addition, it is left as an exercise for the user to figure out that the double-count in the STIMER current value means that STIMER has been silently and permanently corrupted. This has major consequences if you are trying to use the STIMER to accurately track the passage of time, as documented here viewtopic.php?f=170&t=55246.
By robin_hodgson
Brilliant, you are.

I finally got it downloaded somehow, I think it was by coming in from the support pages instead of the product pages. Anyway, the list of changes in the "Document Revision History" section is pretty minimal. I included the changes starting with 1.0.0 because I hadn't seen that version before:
Code: Select all
1.0.0 Dec 2021
System Core:
- Changed MCUCTRL_XTALCTRL_XTALICOMPTRIM field’s reset value to 0x1.
GPIO:
- Corrected Pad Function Mapping Table - changed GPIO18 FNCSEL7 from SCCIO to
SCCCLK and changed GPIO19 FNCSEL4 from SCCCLK to SCCIO. Updated the Pin List
and Function Table of Chapter 1 with these corrections.
- Corrected Special Pad Types Table - Removed incorrect entries.
Electricals:
- Updated/populated specifications: Current Consumption table.
- Added “BLE Transmit Power per Power Setting” graph in BLE section.
Appendix: INFO0 register set updated.

1.0.1 Jan 2022 Electricals:
- Updated “SPI Master Mode, Phase = 0” timing diagram
By Airheadbit
robin_hodgson wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:03 am The Ambiq website indicates that there is a new version of the Apollo3 Blue data sheet. Sadly, you now have to fill out a
-----------snip
I was reading the Seggar debug thread and it ended, Seggar release 6.x, 24 releases since 4.52C, did you ever resolve the debug issue short of spending $2K?
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum