SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Tips, tricks, & best best practices using Artemis with your board designs.
By derekp
First time designing a PCB here. I have no need for the BLE functionality of the Artemis and would love the extra space to be able to route signal lines underneath the antenna, plus fill with a ground pour. I just want to be sure that the antenna, being a chunk of metal, won't passively induce noise in these traces or do anything funky like that (my E&M knowledge is a little shaky here)... Any thoughts appreciated!

Bonus question: I wanted to double check the necessity of including the bootloader circuit: per the Artemis integration guide, it says "If you suspect you will need to modify the SparkFun Artemis Bootloader or if you need to use the secure bootload toolchain, the circuit above can be used to bootload using a single pin (DTR or RTS is supported)". But, if I wanted to simply use the Arduino IDE to upload code using the Sparkfun Variable Bootloader (Integration guide: "We've designed a baud rate flexible bootloader that is run at each power on reset"), will this circuit still be necessary and can I get away with not attaching anything to the Boot pin? Thanks!
By TS-Russell
Eh, I would expect some amount of noise....not sure if it'd be enough to produce interference or not

As for the bootloader, that pin is only if you are switching to use the ambiq/custom bootloader....you should be able to upload from Arduino IDE normally
 Topic permissions

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum